Due to the array of businesses which we rely on in order to provide your water, gas, electricity, credit cards and so forth; there is a great chance that we all at some point or another have called an 800 number. 800 numbers, or toll-free phone numbers, were originally introduced in the 1970’s in an attempt to satisfy the internal needs of a company but have since grown to a mainstream scale, acting as one of the most effective means of customer service and marketing for companies everywhere. In fact, the use of a toll-free phone service is so beneficial for a company that no matter whether they are a small or large business, they are guaranteed to get some great results from investing in this type of service for their customers.
A toll-free phone service is a service which charges the organization/company which is being contacted, rather then the caller. When a call is made to the toll-free number, the call is routed through a switchboard and then sent to the designated business, charging them for the call, rather than the caller. This type of phone service is extremely popular as the customer is able to obtain their desired information, without worrying about the excessive costs which can come from contacting some companies via telephone. Here are just some of the ways in which your business can benefit from investing in a toll-free phone service:
– Customer service: You can offer your customers a universal phone line which can be called to inquire about a number of queries and complaints
– Assistance: Your toll-free service may be used in order to inquire about new products and services which have recently been marketed, acting as a form of direct marketing in itself
– Accessibility: Even in the event that your business moves locations, you will be able to keep the same toll-free numbers you have purchased, so long as your company stays within the same city, nationality or continent.
– Image: Providing your customers the ability to contact you free of charge can increase your reputation as your client base may come to the conclusion that your business is larger than it is -even if you are a relatively small company. This can help market your business into other regions and so forth.
– Expanded marketing scale: Toll-free numbers allow your business to grow and embark on other forms of marketing for further success. As you grow more popular, you will receive more calls, making your costs higher.
If you are contemplating investing in a toll-free phone service for your small business, you firstly need to research into the different providers that are available to you. Conducting a general search through your local directories will provide you with a list of local services which may provide you with a lower priced plan. Each toll-free provider will offer you a different plan with different incentives and features so it’s important to research into what they can all offer before agreeing to a plan. It is also important to be aware that some providers may also charge an additional monthly rate for any supplementary benefits or service features.
The main benefit of investing in an 800 phone service for your business is that you can integrate it into your current telephone plan which will lower your overall costs in terms of adding additional phone lines and so forth into your place of business. Depending on the provider you choose, you may also be granted the opportunity to have your toll-free calls diverted to your business line or cell phone for quick retrieval of calls, helping the running of your overall service and customer satisfaction level.
Toll-free phone services have been implemented into the business plans by a vast number of companies as they have witnessed the great benefits which come from investing in this additional form of customer contact. In order for your business to succeed, you need customers who are happy with the service they receive from you, in particular, being able to contact you with ease. By investing in a 800 phone service for your small business, not only will you see your customer satisfaction level increase dramatically, but also the growth of your business overall.